The Old Crown Inn is a seventeenth-century coaching inn that dates from the heyday of Uley as a thriving weaving community – the famous "Uley Blue" dye originates from here. We are less than an hour from Bristol, Cheltenham, Gloucester and Bath, and just 2.5 hours from London.
Within the village is St Giles' church, a shop and post office, and the renowned Prema Arts Centre. Lovely walks locally include the Cotswold Way, the Iron Age hill fort of Uley Bury, and scenic woodland paths. The Neolithic long barrow known locally as Hetty Pegler's Tump lies at the top of the hill.
Some other places to visit
- Owlpen Manor
- Dursley: Heritage Centre, swimming pool, local shops, library with internet access
- Tetbury's antique shops and tea rooms
- Slimbridge Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust
- Stroud: Museum in the Park, Stratford Park pool and leisure centre, farmers' market on Saturday mornings
- Berkeley: Jenner Museum, Berkeley Castle, Cattle Country
- Nympsfield: St Joseph's Catholic church, St Batholomew's Anglican church
- Gloucester: Cathedral, docks, Waterways Museum, shopping
- Prinknash Bird and Deer Park
- Newent Bird of Prey Centre
- National Trust properties: Woodchester Park, Newark Park
- Westonbirt Arboretum
- Cotswold Farm Park, Cotswold Wildlife Park
- ...and more!